Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16

What a day! I am sick at home with mastitis, a breast infection that is associated with nursing. Some of the things that lead to this infection are stress, lack of sleep, poor nursing and other illnesses. I have definitely hit three of the four causes. Thankfully, I was able to get in to see the doctor this morning at the very onset of the problem. He prescribed antibiotics for me to take for ten days four times a day. I felt sour and achy at the doctors office, but as time passed I developed a major headache, a temperature of 101.2, and chills. Not fun when you are alone with two kids to care for.
Some might wonder why the heck am I sitting here typing when I should be sleeping or something. Well, I have to praise God first and Luvy is awake beside me. Reasons to praise God through this ordeal- it is an infection that is associated with nursing and despite the discomfort I have a beautiful baby girl cooing at me, who is healthy and I am blessed with an abundance of milk to give her. Second reason to praise God: antibiotics that will help me get better in a couple days. Thirdly, my dear friend has taken Bootsie for the day so I can rest. Her afternoon plans were cancelled which allowed her to be free and clear to let Bootsie come and play all day with her kids.
So, despite the roaring heardache I have, the fact that I ache all over and on top of it all I haven't heard from Peso for five days and miss him terribly. God has taken care of me and I have to give him praise.
That's it for today, hopefully I can blog tomorrow and proclaim that I am 100 percent better or atleast this blasted headache is gone. Blessings, Ralee

No comments: